A will or testament is a legal declaration by which a person, the testator, names one or more persons to manage their estate and provides for the transfer of their real and/or personal property upon their death.
Strictly interpreted, a "Will" has historically been limited to real property while a "Testament" applied only to the disposition of personal property. The distinction between a "Will" and "Testament" is seldom observed today and thus the popular title of the document has become "Last Will and Testament".
Any person of legal age (referred to as being over the age of majority) and of sound mind (having appropriate mental capacity to make informed decisions) can draft and execute his or her own last will and testament with or without the aid of an attorney.
Last will and testament forms available for the all states.
Although requirements for last will and testaments vary by state, generally, the requirements of a last will include:
1. The testator must clearly identify himself or herself as the maker of the will, and that a will is being made;
2. The testator must be of "sound mind";
3. The Will must be signed and witnessed;
4. The testator must sign at the end of the Will;
5. One or more beneficiaries (devisees, legatees) must generally be clearly stated in the Will, although some states allow a valid Will that simply names an executor, revokes a previous Will or revokes a disposition of a previous Will.
Last will and testaments for estate planning. Wills include instructions and completed example.
NUPP Legal Last Wills accommodate individuals with or without children and/or grandchildren, married couples, divorcees, partners, widows or widowers. Last will and testament forms include appointment of custodian, personal guardian and property guardian for minor children. Additional clauses included for the creation of trusts for minor children when desired.
Wills with trusts for minor children, including appointment of custodian, personal guardian and property guardian are available.
Instantly download and complete last will and testaments on your computer. All Wills include a completed example, notes and additional clauses to fully customize your document.
District of Columbia