• About Us
  • Help
  • FAQ
  • View Cart

What To Do With Your Health Care Proxy

Upon completing your advance directive, have it notarized or witnessed according to the laws of your state. Provide copies to your health care professional and other trusted individuals to insure that your health care wishes are met in the event that you cannot express your wishes for yourself.

Make sure you keep the original copy of your advance health care directive in a place that can easily be found, such as with your other important papers. Provide copies to:

     - Your chosen health care proxy (with directions on where to find the original).

     - Family members or other loved ones.

     - Your primary care physician, hospital, or health care institution. Ask that a copy be placed in your medical record and make sure your doctor will support your wishes.

     - Anyone named in the directive.

     - Your attorney.